What's your passion?
Whether you're into singing, surfing or shopping, at IHG we're interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love. At the moment we're looking for a Risk Manager, AMEA to join our fun and energetic team at Singapore Corporate Office.
You'll be an integral member of the Risk Management Team where you will have divisional responsibility for South East Asia and Australasia, championing a proactive culture of education, compliance and accountability for ensuring Brand Safety Standards compliance, and championing IHG reputation protection. You will assist the Director of Risk Management, Asia Australasia, in regional responsibility for Asia Australasia, implementing proactive safety and security programmes designed to limit guest, employee and property reputation risk exposures. You may be required to extend support Asia Middle East and Africa (AMEA) if required to facilitate business or operations need. As part of the Asia Australasia team, you will support the Director of Risk Management to achieve operational acceptance and compliance with Brand Safety Standards and ways of working across all ownership models. As part of the Global Risk Managements team, you will support work to develop standards, materials and management systems to provide comprehensive support and consistency globally.
Divisional responsibility in embedding pro-active risk management processes in hotel and office operations.
• You will work with Director of Risk Management and senior management within South East Asia and Australasia to understand major risk issues and critical areas of attention so as to develop and implement an effective risk management program that addresses all areas of concern such as fire, health and safety, security, leisure and food safety risks guest safety / crisis and incident (cogs).
• Conduct annual risk reviews with Director of Operations, Regional General Managers, Vice president of Operations
• Conduct risk audits in IHG branded hotels, reservations centers and corporate offices throughout to identify employee, general liability, physical security, property and asset protection exposures and to develop plans for hotels, centres and offices to use to eliminate/minimize risks. Produce audit reports for Management Action Plans follow up
• Conduct plan reviews on hotel new builds, renovated and prototype hotels. Ensure compliance with Brand Safety Standards and applicable standards
• Conduct New Owner, General Manager, Hotel Opening and various other risk management training programs designed to educate Hotel Owners, Managers and Colleagues, improve safety and reduce loss exposure.
• Review and drive Risk Management Action Plans
• Identify training needs across hotels and offices based on IHG requirements and assist in development of the training plans
• Support and carry out risk management training and coaching sessions with hotels, centres and offices to deliver the training plans
• Support Standards Evaluation process yearly and drive compliance to Brand Safety Standards
• Support to drive the hotel and corporate function metrics which are related to guest safety, health and safety, food safety, leisure safety and wider responsible business agenda
• Support corporate functions in ensuring risks are managed in their activities
• Support corporate functions in ensuring compliance to Brand Safety Standards at the appropriate stages in the Hotel Life Cycle
Providing input or support to Global Risk Management work streams or initiatives
• Contribute to the development of globally aligned policies, standards or guidelines in support of the risk groups
• Keep abreast of risk management best practices in the region and provide a forum for communication and consultation regarding implementation of risk strategies amongst hotels
• Provide support to Global Risk Management regarding activities relating to Training, Security, Risk Financing, Corporate Risk.
Incident/Crisis Management and Business Continuity
• Support and manage incidents in hotels, at times investigation in losses or exposures arising from hotels related to safety
• Support the incident reporting process from hotels to the business
• Support the operations in mitigating the effects of serious incidents and crises
• Analyze accident data and suggest corrective action to regional and hotel management to reduce or eliminate risk and/or loss
• Assist and train hotels and offices in developing and maintaining a sound and workable crisis management/business continuity plan enabling the business to continue in the event of loss of a major facility