Global responsibility and sustainability are the themes of this year's FERMA Risk Forum in Geneva. Highlights include the following
Global responsibility and sustainability are the themes of this year's FERMA Risk Forum in Geneva. Highlights include the following.
• Two senior executives from the Swedish-Swiss industrial group ABB, Gary Steel and Ron Popper, will give a keynote address on the interface between responsible corporate citizenship and the challenges of globalisation.
• The Danish risk management association DARIM has organised a workshop on environmental liabilities.
• A workshop on influenza pandemic, organised by the French association AMRAE, will update participants and show an example of a pandemic crisis plan.
• Professor Dr Peter Höppe, head of GeoRisk Research and Environmental Management, Munich Re, will speak on climate change and its economic and social impact.
• The Portuguese association APOGERIS will hold a workshop on corporate social responsibility.
The International Federation of Risk Management Associations IFRIMA is also providing a session on risk management and bureaucracy. The Forum is an IFRIMA designated conference.
Finally, delegates at the conference will have the opportunity to visit CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research, which is the world's largest particle physics centre. CERN is situated near Geneva on the Franco-Swiss border.